Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Brandon Update


Last week, Brandon had castings made for his new legs. Today, Brandon said," It works!" I said you bet it works, in so many words. He also said that this is the best day he has had! He was so excited that he took the walker and walked all over the workout area. They told him to be careful and slow down, He laughed. Now that they see his level of commitment they will cast his right in the next couple of days. There has been concern as to how they are going to do his right side since it is so short. Now that they have seen his reaction to his left side they are going to try to do the same on his right.
He will walk soon! God is awesome! What a gift of inspiration to the others involved! I hope to see him walk while I am there this time. I cried when I read his words," It works". I could sense his relief and sense of Hope. We can only try to understand what these men and women go thru as they live life after war. What I have encountered is that the war never ends for them. The friends that they only see in memories. The constant question of why? Why me? Why them? Just why?
To watch my son whom I am in love with learn to walk is such a blessing. He encourages me in his determination to keep up the good fight not to loss heart. I hope that I too can have a son that sees me as I see him. The answer to the Why is in the victory at Calvary. Luke 12:49-53
I love my family and I love you all too! So embrace the Truth and live life with the answer to the question, "Why". It is that truth that allows us to see victories and Blessings like Brandons.

In Christ Doug

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...