Friday, July 27, 2007

Troubles

I haven't been in much of a mood to write anything this week. On top of grieving a friend's death, my husband has kidney stones. One is very large, 9 mm, and is sitting in a not so great location where if it moves just a little, he is in for a fairly major procedure. Of course, there is the chance of kidney damage because the stone is so large. He has two other smaller stones as well. We are waiting for the machine that blows kidney stones up to come back to this area. It seems there is only one machine for the whole Northwest! They told him it's a $6 million dollar machine. I'm thinking at $10,000-$12,000 every time someone gets their kidney stones zapped, they should be able to afford another machine for this side of the Cascades. The machine was here for a very brief stay on Wednesday and they thought they could get him in, but the operating room was too full, so they got his hopes up only to tell him he has to wait until next Friday. He went in to see his doctor last Friday and the machine was here, but they didn't try to get him in to get them zapped, so my poor hubby has been living with these kidney stones for some time now. Needless to say, as his wife, I'm a bit concerned for him. We've been through the kidney stone saga before, but this one is just larger than the previous ones. I also have an aunt who went in for knee surgery and due to complications, is now in ICU. My mind has been pretty consumed with worry, grief, anxiety, and fear this week. I know this isn't what God wants me to be thinking on. If I trust in Him, I should be TRUSTING in Him to do what is right. It may not be to my understanding right now but it will be someday. I'm holding on to hope right now, and trying to turn my worries into prayers. It's not always easy, but I sure feel much more at peace when I'm praying, than when I'm stressing out!

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. ~Psalm 34:17-19


We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.
~2 Corinthians 4:8-10


Praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! The Father is a merciful God, who always gives us comfort. He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble. We share in the terrible sufferings of Christ, but also in the wonderful comfort he gives. We suffer in the hope that you will be comforted and saved. ~2 Corinthians 1:3-6

1 comment:

Lanel said...

Prayers for you guys...it's never fun when the storms are hitting...just keep seeking His peace and comfort.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...