Saturday, July 21, 2007

For Andy

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again To see you again
And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now~by Mercy Me



Good bye our dear friend, Andy. We already miss you more than you can imagine. You would have been blown away at all the people who came to say good bye to you today. The church was packed, standing room only! I would guess there were 500-600 people there. You are loved, and you touched so many loves. Everyone talked about how you were so giving, so caring, and always went out of your way to be there for your friends. Many tears were shed, many!

I told Thane tonight that when I grow up, I want to be like Andy. I want to be someone who cares for everyone they meet, who doesn't judge people, who always has a smile, and takes pride in working hard not to win any praise, but just because it's the right thing to do. I want to be a friend to everyone I meet, like Andy. I want to take the adversity in my life and not let it bring me down, but to have it make me stronger. Andy, you are an inspiration to all who have crossed your path and you will be missed so much. We ache with grief, but we know you are with Jesus and we will be together again.

Amazing grace How sweet the sound That saved a wretch like me I once was lost, but now I'm found Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear And grace my fears relieved How precious did that grace appear The hour I first believed

My chains are gone

I've been set free

My God, My Savior has ransomed me

And like a flood His mercy reigns

Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me His word my hope secures He will my shield and portion be As long as life endures

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, My Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow The sun forbear to shine But God, Who called me here below Will be forever mine Will be forever mine You are forever mine

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace


“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. John 3:16-18

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...