Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time

Life is about loving others and loving God. It's not about how much money we have in our bank account, how wonderful our job is, or what type of hobbies we do in our life. Life is about love. Loving others and spending time with them should be our top priority, but many times we have to squeeze time with others into our busy schedule and sometimes relationships with others take a back seat to everything else, when making time to be with others should be the first thing we put on our busy schedules. In the last moments of life, people aren't asking for their awards, their trophies, their earthly possessions, but they want their loved ones around them. Relationships are what matter, not possessions. If we can figure that out before we get to the end of our life, we find true treasure. I know I have regrets of not spending enough time with my Gram. She passed away two years ago, and I think back to how there were times she just wanted me to stop by, but life got in the way, and I didn't just take 20 minutes out of my hectic schedule to stop by her apartment and give her a hug and let her know she was important to me and now I wish I would have done that more often. I know she loved me and I know that she knew I loved her, but there were times when I put getting things done before my relationship with my Gram. Last night, my nieces, my mom and my sis spent the night. We took the girls to a new park and found a four way bouncy teeter totter. The adults had as much fun as the girls did! We went down slides, played on the swings, climbed up the rock walls, and just had important time together. Did we have other things we could have done? Of course. But, the time with those girls and each other is what was important and is what matters. We spent some great time together.

We show what's important to us by how much time we are willing to invest. The more time we give to something, the more we reveal it's importance to us. Our priorities are revealed when we look at where we invest most of our time. Time is precious because we are all only given so many moments. Our time is our life. When you give someone your time, you give them an important part of your life. It's a gift. If you truly want to show someone you love them, then give them TIME, the most important treasure you have. None of us are promised tomorrow, so show your love for those around you today.

"The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now." ~Rick Warren

"It's not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters." ~Mother Teresa

So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. 1 Corinthians 13:3 The Message

Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. 1 John 3:18 (New Living Translation)

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...