Monday, July 16, 2007

The Gardener

The Gardener is near. He will use our times, trials, temptations, and tears to cause us to bloom. ~Patsy Clairmont


I'm so thankful that the Gardener in my life isn't as impatient as I am as a gardener. I've felt like giving up in my garden this week with the extreme heat, because everything is just wilting away. I'm thankful that at times when I am 'wilting' spiritually, God is still there, giving me living water to drink. It's been a week. I've had a lot of trials, temptations and tears. I think part of it is just the overwhelming heat, which I'm finding makes me quite grumpy and keeps me from sleeping much. So this morning, as I'm facing another day and a new week, I am thankful the Gardener in my life is using all the stuff that seems like useless weeds in my life, to cause me to bloom and that it will eventually turn out to be something beautiful.


You let me rest in fields of green grass.
You lead me to streams of peaceful water, and you refresh my life.
You are true to your name, and you lead me along the right paths.

Psalm 23: 2-3 Contemporary English Version

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...