Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Reflections

As I reflect on the past few days, I know why I am so tired this morning. We had a blessed time at Christmas. It was busy, though. I guess it's always busy with a three and four year old running around! I am thankful for the time with family, and seeing some old friends. I am thankful to have heard from a cousin that I had lost touch with over the past eight years. What a blessing it was to have him call and talk to all of us.

I also think of the loved ones we lost over the year, and our many friends who lost loved ones over the year and say a prayer for them at this time. I think of my aunt and uncle who just lost their son a couple of weeks ago. I talked to my aunt on Sunday and she said she just couldn't get in the Christmas mood, and I told her it was okay, everyone understood. I think of our friends, who lost their mom a week ago, and pray for them. I never met their mom, but after attending her memorial service on Saturday, I felt like I knew her. She must have been an incredible woman!! I think of Brandon Adam and his family and all he's been through this year. I think of the many families who have their loved ones off at war. I think of my friend who is battling cancer and pray for her and her family. I continue to miss my Grandma again this year. My husband misses his dad.

As I think of all the sadness, I am also reminded of how blessed I am to have spent Christmas with my sister and her family, my parents, and my mother-in-law. I am blessed to be a part of such an amazing church family. I am blessed to have just celebrated my 21st Christmas with my husband. I am blessed to live in this country. Christmas isn't about presents, but about the gifts of family, loved ones, time together. It's about love. Love for each other and love for a Savior, and about a Savior's love for us. It's about being mindful of the many things we are blessed with, and offering help and prayers to those who are struggling. Let's keep the Christmas hope alive throughout the next year. Let's enjoy our loved ones while we still can. Let's laugh more, love more intentionally, and remember that life is about how we live it and how we treat those around us. What type of legacy are you leaving? How will you be remembered? Do you choose love?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...we really are on the same page most of the time. We must have grown up together under the same minister, with the same moral compass that our parents asked us to follow, and just that small town appreciation for what is truly important. You are such a blessing to me, Connie, and so are your words. May the blessings overfill your cup in 2008! -Jenny

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...