Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Grab the Opportunity

My cousin died unexpectedly two days ago. He had a bloody nose, which was the result of a brain aneurysm. A few hours later, he was gone. He lived in Iowa, along with many of my family members. I haven't been back to see family in sixteen years, so it had been at least that long since I last saw, and spoke to my cousin. We always had a great time together when we were kids growing up and we would go back to visit. He lived right next to my grandpa, so we saw a lot of each other when we were back for our annual vacations. We spent a lot of time laughing and having a good time. Now, I am thinking about how I hadn't seen him in so long, and now I never will get to see or speak to him again. He was only in his mid-forties, so his life was cut short. We never know when it's our last day on this earth, or the last day of someone we know, so make the most of each moment. It's Christmas, which is a good time to get in contact with those you may have lost touch with over the past few years. All I can say is don't wait because if you wait, it may be too late. Take the opportunity to call, write, email, myspace, or go see them in person today, so not another opportunity is lost. I pray for his daughters, and his parents who have been through a lot the past couple years, as well as his sisters, and his fiance. I pray they find peace and comfort in their Father's arms in this time of great sorrow.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Sorry for your lost. I said a prayer for you and his love ones.

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...