Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Eagles

We took a drive on Sunday to see how many bald eagles we could find down by Wolf Lodge. I've wanted to go down there for a number of years now, but we've never made it. Last year, we got there too late, and most of the eagles had already left. So, I suggested we take a drive before the snow started again. We saw somewhere between 40-50 eagles within an hour. I missed a fantastic photo opportunity, when a bald eagle swooped down to get a fish, and another bald eagle was right by it's side, and suddenly, from out of no where, a golden eagle that was easily the size of the two bald eagles put together, swooped down after both bald eagles. Needless to say, the fish was dropped back in the water as the golden eagle chased after the two bald eagles. It was an amazing sight! It was a gray day, with lots of fog and clouds, and the snow actually started to fall while we were out there so not the best day for pictures, but the mental pictures will stay with us for years to come!







Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love your blog! Great pics and verses!
Holly Good
Assistant to Lysa TerKeurst

Lanel said...

Hey -- I went out on CdA Lake Drive Sunday after church to look at the eagles too! Aren't they the BEST! I love going out there. :) Unfortunately it's was snowing pretty hard by the time I got out there but I was still able to see quite a few. I want to go again but don't think I'll have time before I leave. :(

Kathy said...

Beautiful pictures!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...