Thursday, December 27, 2007

Snow Day

With eight inches of fresh snow yesterday, I had to take a drive and enjoy the beauty of the new fallen snow. The sun did not come out, so everything was black and white, but it was beautiful and peaceful. Peaceful that is until the snow plow tried to run me over! I pulled off the road to let him go by, and then I met him backing up the hill right at me. I put on my brakes to have a nice time skating across the ice, wondering if I was going to hit a giant truck or a six foot snow bank, but I got stopped before either happened. A little ways down the road, I stopped to take a picture, only to hear the roar of the truck and as I looked up, he was coming straight for me again. I felt like I was part of a scene in the movie Snow Day, where the snowplow truck driver goes a bit crazy and is chasing people down. I tried to go a little faster, but the faster I went, the faster he went. I finally had a spot to pull over, and he pulled over right next to me. I was a bit worried because I did not have cell reception where I was, but he just got out of the truck to remove the tire chains. I decided to move along, even though I wanted to take more pictures. Fortunately, I arrived home safe to enjoy the rest of the snow day from my windows.



















4 comments:

Sandi said...

very nice, new snow. I wish we had a little snow instead of having ice storms this year.

Kathy said...

That is beautiful scenery! I have got to visit that state someday....in the winter time.

lily said...

What a wonderful and beautiful scenery! I wish I could be there for the snow which I have never seen before...

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my, just oh my.....

x

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...