Thursday, February 28, 2008

Signs of Spring

Ah, it hit 50 today and the sun is out! I had a lot of windows open today!! The snow is starting to disappear from our yard, and I can actually see my raised garden beds out back again! As I look in our backyard, I remember how much work we have ahead of us in getting the yard, flower beds, berries, patio, the rest of the garden area in. I look forward to the finished product! We have some small patches of grass showing along our south sidewalk in the front, and the hope of spring's arrival is getting much, much closer! With this nice weather, I have an itch to go geocaching! I suppose it's an itch, because along with this weather comes ticks and there's nothing like tromping around looking for geocaches to help find those ticks! Yuck! That is the one thing I don't like about spring-creepy crawling ticks. Are you itching yet? I did see my first Robin today! I have seeds sitting here waiting to be started, just have to get all the things I need to start those seeds. My friend and I are sharing seeds this year, since we are buying all organic, non-gmo and it gets spendy, but she's still in Hawaii and won't be home for a few days yet. My mom told me I ordered enough tomatoes to feed several families, but I have never had much luck with starting tomatoes, unlike my mom, so I hope that at least a few grow. I did order five different varieties, so we will have some yummy tomatoes if they do make it. Well enough day dreaming about fresh produce from my garden, a backyard, and caching. I think I am going to go step outside a bit and brush my dog and soak in a few rays of sunshine before this wonderful day disappears!

3 comments:

cosmiccowgirl said...

When the good weather comes out, my itch to go geocaching comes out, too. It drives me crazy on really nice days when I am stuck at work, because I think how I would much rather be out hiking around after ammo cans in the woods somewhere. Hope you get out to go soon!

Sandi said...

I long for spring. I am waiting for the snow to start falling again here.

Kathy said...

Sounds wonderful! We've had some lovely weather also for the past couple of days.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...