Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Blurbs


About 10:30 last night, I got a text message. I wondered who could be texting me at that time of night, but my aunt has been in the hospital, so that is all that went through my mind at the time. However, it was from my friend who is in Hawaii for a month, sending me pictures of flowers and the sunset from their deck. Our friendship may have to be re-negotiated when she gets home. haha


It's snowing, again, or still. Yes, it's the theme of the week! Our county, along with most of the region, has been declared a state of emergency so they can hopefully get more funding and help in clearing up all the snow. I thought it was funny last night when the governor of Washington asked for help from Idaho. I know she is in Seattle, but we have plenty of our own stuff to clean up and are shorthanded as it is, so I really doubt she can count on too much help from our state.
My dad said he feels like Bill Murray stuck in the movie Groundhog's Day, and every morning he wakes up to the same thing, and maybe it will stop snowing if he figures out what he needs to do that he isn't doing. I don't think it's that simple, though!!

This is a picture from the front of our house!


This picture is of my parents roof, before dad shoveled it. It was five feet deep, I think mom said.



This picture is of my parents dog, who is sitting on a side roof that they have that is one story high. She was able to walk right up on it without a problem.



It sounds like the weekend is going to be full of snow, as well, so I guess we will just keep on shoveling, we will listen to the weatherman tell us tomorrow that we will most definitely have another six weeks of winter, whether the groundhog does or does not see his shadow, and then we will stay home to watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl on Sunday and keep track of how many billions of dollars some companies spend to advertise during the game.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I love snow but that might even be to much for me.

Kathy said...

That is so amazing to see so much snow.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...