Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hope

"I am sick of four walls and a ceiling. I have need of the sky, I have business with the grass." ~Richard Hovey

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and even though there is still six feet where they have plowed and two feet of snow in the yard , around the edges there are signs of flowers and grass!!! Some trees are getting buds, and the sun actually has a little warmth to it when it shines. I think spring may appear this year. I am still looking for my first Robin, because I hear there have been sightings in the area. Maybe I will see one today when I have to go to town! Spring fever hit so hard that I even had a window open for a bit yesterday. It was only 40 degrees, but it was nice to get some fresh air in the house!! Now, I know we have a lot of winter left, but just a sign of spring brings incredible hope for the earth being full of birds, flowers, and green grass again. Isn't it funny how the sometimes the smallest signs of hope give us what we need to make it through another day and we have faith that we will make it to the next season, whether it be from winter to spring, or from our own personal darkness to hope for the future. We can make it through. We just have to keep looking for little signs of hope wherever we can!

"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day He created spring." ~Bern Williams

I would also like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend Jenny. She is an incredible woman, with unbelievable strength. She has great faith amidst great adversity. She is someone I hold at high honors and I am blessed to know her. Happy birthday, Jenny!

2 comments:

Lanel said...

LOL I had some windows opened yesterday too. Sure was nice.

Kathy said...

I guess everyone in your area of the country really do appreciate spring. We love it here too, but I'm sure we don't have nearly the appreciation for it that you do.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...