Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Gifts

“Everyone is gifted— but some people never open their package.”

We all have talents, special things that we can do. Sometimes we think they have to be big, flashy talents, but they don't. I think we think if we can't sing or are athletic or do something on a great scale, then we don't have a gift worth giving. However, can you shovel? Then go help out a neighbor who needs the help. Can you cook? Make a meal for someone. Are you good at cleaning? Help out someone who may not be able to physically do that right now. Can you talk? Call up someone who is lonely and bless their day by letting them know you care. God gave each of us talents, gifts, and abilities so use them, don't waste them. If you use them to serve others, you will feel even better about what you did with your talents.

"Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~ Henry Van Dyke

"Be creative, use your talents to serve God. 1 Timothy 4:14"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...