Sunday, February 24, 2008

Extra Day

Do you ever find yourself saying 'I wish I just had one more day to....' however you finish that sentence. This year, this week, we all have the gift of an extra day. Every four years we get one extra day in our life, so what will you do with it to make it a life memory? Will it be just another day, or will you take the opportunity to make that day extra special, extra meaningful? Will you, and those in your life, look back and remember February 29, 2008 as a really special day? Take the opportunity to make the most of the extra day you are given this week. You could have a leap year party, call someone you haven't talked to in awhile and catch up, send a card to someone just because you were thinking of them, tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, do something you've wanted to do but you haven't taken the opportunity to do it, plan something that will be remembered until the next leap year rolls around. The main thing to remember is to make the most of the day, and to make memories that will live on forever.

"I refuse to accept seats on the 50 yard line of life. I brought my shoes. I came to play." ~ Nike Ad

"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow, what a great idea! I never even thought about that being an extra day given to us. Thanks for the suggestions!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...