Monday, January 12, 2009

Changes

My husband's new job has him working out of our home, at least partially. The rest of the time is in the car. I have a few things to get used to in this new routine. At the moment, we share the desk, the cable internet connection, and the chair. So on the mornings when he has a lot to do, blogging will be late or the following day. I have to change my routine of getting up, checking email, blogging, checking facebook, to work around what he needs to be doing to set up his day until we get the office a little better situated. I'm not complaining, it's just a change. I enjoy having him home on occasional mornings when that will work! Another thing I have to learn to do is to shut the door to the office BEFORE I turn on the Vita Mix and make my green smoothie, as it may be a little loud when he's on the phone setting up appointments or talking to his boss. I also have to remember not to sing loud as I walk through the house, because although I love to sing, it's only a joyful noise when I do it, and it's not joyful to those in earshot of my singing! Another thing we are both getting used to is the corporate job. He's only worked for dealerships before, now he works for a corporation as a claims adjuster, and there are a lot of things that are quite different, most are much nicer perks, it's just a big change. So, with the new year, there are many changes going on in our home, as there are in many homes. I am thankful that ours are good changes and that my hubby found a great job after being laid off. We give thanks and praise to God for the opportunities that lie ahead.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Changes can be Gods way of letting us use our creativity

Anonymous said...

Ah, now you have a picture of my life. You'll get used to it and I'm sure you will like it. But it does help if you each have your own workspaces.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...