Friday, February 13, 2009

Doubts

I'm dealing with a lot of self-doubt. A lot. Enough that I have myself in a whirlwind of negative talk inside my head. I'm about to move into a venture that I have wanted to try for a long time, but have not really had the opportunity. This weekend, I have that opportunity, and I'm scared of failing. Because this venture is a direct result of my efforts, I think if it's not received well by others then I am a failure at this passion of mine. My husband and mom keep trying to counteract the negative talk in my head. I know that those thoughts should not be there. I know that those thoughts are not from my Father, but rather the father of lies. Satan likes to make us feel unworthy in life, like we are failures. He wants us to give up. God wants the best for our lives. He wants us to not worry, and to guard our hearts from the little whispers that satan puts in our ears that we are not worthy, that we are not good enough, that we will fail. God doesn't want that for our lives. He wants us to live a fulfilling life in Him, no matter what the circumstances. He wants to be the center of our lives, our thoughts, our day. If I allow Him to be at that place, my doubts and fears usually disappear. Obviously, I need to work on that today, and know that no matter what happens in this venture, I am still a daughter of the KING and my life has meaning and purpose.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:6-8

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

"People are much like freshly fallen snow. As we interact with each other we leave impressions in each other's souls. As we walk together, we leave footprints in each other's paths. As family or friends, we leave traces of ourselves in each other's minds and hearts.

What kind of traces do we leave?"
~ Alicia Britt Chole of "Pure Joy"

Friend, do the best that you can do and be the best that you can be...and God will do the rest. And do remember that beauty is up to each person's intrepretation of God's creation. Isn't that a fine gift?

Blessings,
Darlene

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...