Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Garden Dreams

The wind is howling around our house this morning. I'm not complaining, though, because those giant mounds of snow are starting to melt. We can see patches of yard in quite a few places due to the wind and rain of the past day. I am holding on to some hope of Spring!

I ordered my seeds yesterday. Yes, I'm a bit late, but at least I got them ordered. Only a couple things I ordered need started early, so I should be okay. I picked up a couple packs of seed last night in the store so I can start a couple pepper and tomato plants tomorrow. I'm terrible at starting seeds inside so this should be interesting. My past experiences have brought many fatal days to poor, innocent little seedlings! They pop up, start to grow, and then, well, it's not a pretty ending. I can plant seeds outside and they do wonderful, but here in winter wonderland, we have to start tomato, pepper, and a few other things earlier than we can put them in the ground. The past couple years, either my mom has started them for me, or I have just gone to our local greenhouse and bought organic plants to put in my garden that someone else started! I don't know why, but this year I have decided to try to overcome my fear of killing my precious little seedlings, and trying again to raise some plants. You can say a pray for me, and for them. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy watching the snow disappear, and dreaming of my garden and all the flowers that will soon start popping up.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...