Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day


I remember as a kid, we always made May baskets for our neighbors. We would fill them up with flowers and treats and hang them on their doors. The trick was not to get caught hanging them on their door! I'm sure they knew we were there, but since most of them were older and we were little kids, they allowed us to think we surprised them! It is a special memory I have stored up from my childhood, probably because we got to make something with mom, and it was fun to give to others.



Surprise your neighbors today and make up some May baskets. They are a simple gesture, but they can really brighten someone's day, and if you do it with your kids, it can build some special memories.


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...