Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tiny, But Mighty

It measures approximately 10 cm in length and 4 cm in diameter at it's largest, but boy, does that tiny thing cause havoc! It can bring you to tears and keel you over in pain when it's not working correctly. What you ask? The gallbladder. . Evidently, although all tests show 'normal' except for a polyp, mine isn't working correctly so after being together for four decades, my gallbladder and I will soon be parted. If it truly is what is causing all the pain I've had for the past three weeks, or should I say four years, I will not miss it one bit.

I am nervous, scared, a bit apprehensive, and my mind has wondered to many places it shouldn't go. I have had to capture those thoughts as best I can and turn it over to God, knowing that He is in control and with me along the way. I've had to stay as busy as I can, which isn't always the easiest when the pain is flared up but I've been planting flowers and my garden, reading, writing, taking pictures, and going to town just to try to not let my mind wander. I will have to say that it amazes me how everyone I talk to has a gallbladder story, even some of the techs I've visited over the past three weeks. I have heard numerous horror stories about waiting too long to take out the gallbladder, or how someone had such horrible things happen because the doctors didn't think it was the gallbladder. And, 'did you know that can kill you if you wait too long to get it out?' Gee, these are all what a person needs to hear when going through test after test, ER visits, and doctor visits, trying to find out what is wrong with them. Many doctors have suspected gallbladder problems over the past four years, but since every test has come back 'normal' they haven't taken any action. Apparently, the pain level was bad enough this time that my doctor thought I should see a surgeon, and the surgeon, although the tests are 'normal', thought it's probably my gallbladder acting up so I will be having surgery on Friday. I usually don't write too much about my personal life, but your prayers for the medical team, and for a non-eventful surgery, would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

"The Lord will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
~ Psalm 91:4

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...