Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Beauty Despite the Rain





Today was a gray, cold, dreary day.  The rain came down from the sky all day long.  The clouds hung low.  Puddles turned into small lakes by the end of the day.  At first, I was feeling kind of down because it was so dark and wet outside.  I had to go out to help out my mother-in-law with a few things.  I grabbed my camera on the way out of the door, habit I guess. God started to show me that despite the gray and pouring rain, there was beauty beyond that, if I looked.  











Sometimes it is difficult to see beyond the rain, the storms.  We can get stuck in the storms, the dark times in life.  We can get to a spot where we only see the gloom and darkness instead of making ourselves move beyond that to see the beauty all around us.  Today would have been easy to stay in, with the curtains drawn, and whine about the rain.  Instead, I found great beauty despite the rain.  Life is the same way.  We can get stuck, or we can move beyond our circumstances and live life to the fullest each day.  Don't waste your precious time, grab it, and live, even in the times of rain.  

















(turkeys)





































Linger often in worship. In the midst of your daily storms, make it a point to be still and set your sights on him. Let God be God. Let him bathe you in his glory so that both your breath and your troubles are sucked from your soul. Be still. Be quiet. Be open and willing. Then you will know that God is God.   ~~Max Lucado



1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks Connie - once again - I needed that said!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...