Thursday, June 28, 2007

Moving into the 21st Century

Today we are supposed to be getting high speed cable internet! We've had dial up forever. I thought when we moved down here to Suburbia, we would have numerous options. I was wrong! Verizon dsl is not available in this part of Rathdrum, neither is wireless because we don't face the right direction. We have friends who live in the old part of Rathdrum and they have all options, so it's strange. Our only option here is cable, and though it's a bit spendy, the problems with dial up are about to drive me crazy. Many times I try to work from home, and between the slowness and recently, the programs not responded until you go on them three or four times, it is very unproductive and frustrating. They are running a half price special for your first six months, so at least that will be affordable. Anyway, I'm excited for the upgrade.

My parents and nieces are also coming for a visit this morning, so that will be nice. I'm sure we will be getting out the little bikes, and if the wind comes up, the kites. The girls love to fly kites here because we normally have wind, and there aren't any lines to get tangled up in. So, it will be a busy day, but a hopefully a good one.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...