Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Troops

After receiving the pictures of Brandon last night, that is all I've been able to think about. I cried as I saw those pictures. I've known Brandon since he was 11 years old. I think of all the men and woman who have lost their limbs, and their lives as they fight for this country. Then, I think of people like Rosie O'Donnell who say our own troops are the real problem, not the true terrorists. I have a cousin fighting in Iraq, there are kids who went through our youth program, like Brandon and Terry Dunn, who have sacrificed part of themselves for this country. My close friend has a brother in Baghdad and he has been shot several times, received a purple heart, yet continues to serve over there. She fears for him and prays for him continually. Other friends of ours have their brother heading to Iraq in September. We know of several over there serving, and though I thought of them and prayed for them before Terry and Brandon were injured, I think of them and pray for them throughout the day now, and pray that they will be brought home safely to their loved ones. It really doesn't matter what you personally think of the war, I don't think anyone likes war, do they? Show support to our troops. Mail them packages, letters, cards, send them emails and let them know you are on their side.

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Hi - Ive popped over from the Dingleberries site..... opps sorry, the Huckleberries as you doodles call it........

Tears flowing here, not only for Brandon but for all those men and woman fighting the cause throughout the world, trying to make this world a better place for all......

I hope dear Brandon can keep that beautiful smile upon his face, even in this uphill struggle of recovery......... that smile is an inspiration to all..... they can try but they will NEVER take the spirit and love from these brave men and woman that serve in the military......

I fank you from the bottom of me heart......

X

MLove said...

Connie,

Thank you for posting the pictures of Brandon. They not only horrified me, but they also comforted me. I know that doesn't make sense, but to see that same wonderful, vibrant expression on Brandon's face, considering all he's endured gives me hope for him and his future.

That was the warm, friendly face that I so enjoyed in my classroom every day during fifth period English, and the face shows that the war may have taken his legs but not his spirit.

My prayers continue to go out to Brandon, and I appreciate hearing and seeing his progress.

I think it's time to send him some funny books from home. So, I'll probably do that tomorrow. I'm sure Brandon will get some use out of them as he continues through his rehabilitation.

Marianne

Thanks again, Connie.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...