Thursday, June 21, 2007

Brandon Update

Brandon is trying to catch up on e-mails. He is chipping away at them and thanks everyone for them. Tonite he will enjoy a real bed here at the hotel, mine! I'll take the couch happily! He is the next step of his journey independence. PTL Keep on praying!


In Christ Doug



A letter Doug received yesterday:

Mr. Adam,
I just wanted to inform you that we had another unfortunate attack
yesterday. Private Jonathan Gast was driving a HUMVEE when an IED came
through the driver's side below the engine compartment. The main slug burst
into the passenger compartment beside the accelerator pedal, striking
PV2 Gast. After another heroic evacuation of PV2 Gast by his platoon
medic and outstanding Soldiers and NCO's, he was taken to the Combat
Support Hospital in Baghdad where his right foot had to be amputated above
the ankle. I visited with Jonathan today at the CSH, and he was in
great spirits. He has accepted the loss of his foot with the same
incredible resilience that your son has, and he just wants to get back to the
States so he can start getting better and back on his feet. I am in a
constant state of awe at the heroism I see on a daily basis from these
Soldiers in my command.
At any rate, I wanted to let you know that another Alpha Company
Soldier will probably coming your way out to San Antonio in order to recover
from his injury. Please let Brandon know about this... hopefully the
two of them will be able to meet up and be a source of encouragement for
each other as they deal with their ordeals.
Thank you for your continued updates on Brandon. I look forward to
hearing about his progress, and I can't wait for the day we all get to see
him up on his new legs.
We continue to pray for you, as I know you do for us.
Take care,
Bob Gordon

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...