Friday, June 1, 2007

Trust

It's been one of those weeks. Lots happening. Some good, some not so good. Some that lift my spirits, others that make me sad and wonder why. Through it all, though, I know God is in control and I have to trust that he knows what is best and that he has a purpose for all that is going on around me. It's hard to trust. Trust is something we seem to lose early on in life, and we have to relearn that virtue to make it through life because if we don't trust, we are always suspicious of people and their motives, even if someone is doing good for us. I'm not saying that we need to trust everyone, but I think we need to learn a balance. I know if I trust in God to work things out, and really trust in him and let him deal with it, then even if I don't understand why something happened, I understand there is a greater picture that I cannot see, or control.

8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.Psalm 143:8 (New Living Translation)

5With all your heart
you must trust the LORD
and not your own judgment.
6Always let him lead you,
and he will clear the road
for you to follow. Proverbs 3:4-6 (Contemporary English Version)


6Love rejoices in the truth,
but not in evil.
7Love is always supportive,
loyal, hopeful,
and trusting.
8Love never fails! 1 Corinthians 13:6-8


Trust God as if it all depends upon Him, and work as if it all depends upon you. ~Bob Jones


All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Four things to learn in life: To think clearly without hurry or confusion To love everybody sincerely; To act in everything with the highest motives; To trust God unhesitatingly. ~Helen Keller

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...