Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Summer Fun

I learned today that if you want to learn patience and to not be competitive, which is a bit of a stretch for me, play mini golf with a two and four year old. By nature I am very competitive, so when I hit the ball today and my nieces picked it up and carried it around the green, or continued to hit it all around the green for me, I had to just remember it was about having fun today. The girls had lots of fun, hitting five different balls around each hole. They also had fun once they figured out that they could put the ball in the water on one hole, and let them float along the 'stream,' sail down a grate, and come out on the green. Tomorrow is my sister's birthday, so they came down today for an early celebration. We had a lot of fun playing mini golf, bowling, and playing in the arcade. I must say the arcade isn't what it used to be. Seems the time frame on the games has significantly decreased, and they were quite stingy with the reward tickets, but we still had fun. It was nice to just hang out with my sister's family and have a good time and relax and laugh. Of course, we have no idea who won the golf game since we gave up on keeping score on the second hole, but the main thing is we had a lot of fun and once again, created some memories of summer before it slips away.
























If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. -- Author:Katharine Hepburn

Summer fun creates lasting memories. -- Author:Sarah

Today was good, today was fun, tomorrow is another one. -- Author:Dr. Seuss






No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...