Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Walk in the Park

After enjoying a day of my sister and her girls here, and a late afternoon/early evening ministry dedication for Outdoor Connection Ministries, we decided to go to Outback for dinner and just unwind a bit. As we came out of the restaurant, the sky was lit up in purple, orange, pink, blues-what a beautiful sunset! We decided to go check out the new park in Coeur d'Alene that we've been hearing so much about, mainly all the problems with the way the geese have taken it over and how they are trying to figure out how to deter them from hanging out at Riverstone Park. We enjoyed a few minutes of a visit with some friends who had just enjoyed dinner at the new restaurant on the new lake, and who were finishing up their evening with a walk around the park. We went for a walk around the park as darkness crept in too early on a nice summer evening. It seems like a really nice park, despite the huge goose droppings all over the place. I love Canadian geese. I think they are absolutely beautiful and I have grown up around them my whole life. I can see, however, the problem they will pose to this park, with goose droppings all over by the nice play area for kids, all around the amphitheater, and the trail that goes around the lake. I hope they find a nice solution to deter the geese from this park. I know the geese were here before the high rises and new lake went in, and they, like many of us, are experiencing the growing pains and changes of this area.




The park features an old time bronze of a lady on a bike, with two dogs running alongside her, a big fountain, four or five rock fountains, stairs that lead to the water even though you can't go in the water, a beautiful waterfalls, a nice pavilion, and as I mentioned before, a great play area, along with lots of grass. Of course, it has all the new, big city condos going up all around it, but it is nice that they put in this park for the public to enjoy. I look forward to going back to the park in the daylight and seeing everything it has to offer. It is a very pretty city park. There are lots of trees, rocks, benches, and of course the water. It is a nice oasis in the middle of the hubbub of the busy life of Coeur d'Alene. I would still rather be up in the mountains any day, next to a God-made waterfall and lake, but I guess I just have to make the best of where I've been planted and enjoy the things around me as much as possible.

I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances........Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
Philippians 4:12-13 The Message



NOTE: I was there in the daylight, and must say it's prettier at night. Still a good place for kids to play, and the restaurant on the 'lake' has good food.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...