Monday, October 1, 2007

Are You Aware?



October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month


In October we take time to:
*honor those we have lost to this disease
*support those living with breast cancer
*celebrate breast cancer survivors
*increase awareness of breast cancer and what is necessary to cure this disease


Today I write for my friend Jenny, who is an incredibly strong woman, despite her battle with this disease. She is someone many look to as a friend, a source of inspiration, and a hero. Her battle is very hard, but she looks to God for her strength and relies on Him to take care of her. I pray for her to have strength, peace, courage, hope, and healing.

Today, I also write for my aunt Alice, my cousins Lori, Barbie, and Deb, for my friend's grandma Patty, and for other friends and family members who have faced the giant named breast cancer. I pray for each of you, for strength, health, faith, and perseverance.

Today I also write for Grace, Lizzie, Hannah, Megan, Taylor, Courtnee, Kelsi and all others in the younger generation, that soon there will be a cure. I pray for a cure, that your generation will be able to slay the giant called breast cancer.

Today I pray for everyone affected by this disease. Today I challenge all women to do self examines, and get checked by your gynecologist, and if you are overdue for a mammogram, why not go get one during October? Do it for those in your life who love you. Be aware, and pray for those around you who are in the battle.

For further resources:


5 comments:

Sandi said...

Thank you for reminding people. A cure is needed. I had precancerous tumors removed 12 yrs. ago. I have family that died and family that are survivors.

MLove said...

Amen, Connie!

Kathy said...

Thanks for the great reminder!

Mangy Moose said...

Thanks so much, my friend, for your continued prayer, love, and support. With faith, family, and friends, we can do this. All my love,
Jenny

Sandi said...

Please stop by and visit my site I have an award for you.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...