Monday, November 19, 2007

Anticipation

I waited and waited in great anticipation last night. I kept checking, having my husband see if it had arrived yet, but it didn't show up, at least not here. I hear reports it showed up around us, but it must have skipped over this neighborhood. What was all the anticipation about?? The first snow! I am like a little kid when it comes to the first snow. We were snowed on a little bit yesterday when we were in the mountains, but that snowfall had the smallest flakes I've ever seen! It came down like a light layer of dandruff! Yes, I was happy to see it while in the mountains, but it's just not the same as on my own yard. On the eleven o'clock news, they showed how the snow was really coming down in parts of Spokane, and they started to issue severe snow warnings during the Patriots game at 5:30, so the anticipation was building. However, we still have green grass this morning. I know it will arrive soon, but waiting is a difficult thing for me. I do hope it stays away for part of this week, as many friends and loved ones will be on the roads for Thanksgiving. But, for now, I will wait. I know come February, I will be wondering when the snow will leave, but for now, I can't wait for it to arrive and enjoy that magical first snow.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is exciting! I have been so excited the last week or so seeing the leaves start to change colors here. It's so beautiful!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...