Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Storms

We had quite the wind and rain storm last night! It sounds like the Seattle area really got hammered, with 75-100 mph winds, so I guess our winds on the prairie of 40-45 mph weren't nearly as bad. It was a crazy night, though! The rain came down in sheets, and walking a couple feet in the rain, left a person quite wet and tossled. The wind howled as it wreaked havoc on everything in it's path.

It seems that there are a lot of personal storms going on as well right now. Many of my friends are going through some major storms right now, whether it be financially, personally, in their jobs, with family members, or health issues. It gets scary out in the middle of the storm. We have a couple storms going on personally as well, and I keep trying to remind myself to seek refuge from the storm in Jesus. When the storm seems to be hammering you with all it has, we try to either run from it or use our own power to be safe from it's affects. We need to remember that Jesus can calm the storms and that He is the refuge we should seek. He will bring us through the storms in life. As one of my friends told me last night, we get to a struggle, a storm in life, and wonder how we will make it through, but we always do. It may not be the result we wanted, but God holds everything in His hands and we just have to trust Him. So as the storms of life pound away at us, we need to run to God for our protection in the storm and be assured that He is always by our side, keeping us close to Him.

"Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns
I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

2 comments:

Lanel said...

Very true...still sometimes it would really be nice to have God just block the storm. But, I'll try to praise Him in this storm.

Sandi said...

I run to Jesus in storms. He has me go though the storm but it is a comfort to know He is beside me.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...