Sunday, September 20, 2009

Date Day

With the help of my hubby, I just tucked in my tomatoes, peppers, geraniums, and miniature roses for the night. It's supposed to freeze tonight, which I know it's time, but it makes me sad. I stood out under the amazing starlight, with a tiny mag light in my hand, looking at my huge crop of cosmos that all came up from seed from one plant last year. There are so many, they took over my tiered bed, which now looks like a cosmos field. I had it all planted this spring with petunias, lobelia, allysum, and a few other plants, but in mid July those plants disappeared as the cosmos grew and grew. They are now a good six plus feet tall, loaded with light and dark pink blooms. Unfortunately, I am sure by morning, they will not be so pretty.




My hubby and I had a date day today. We went to early church, then stopped at Cabelas. Ok, it was more than just a stop. My hubby definitely out shopped me! He found several bargains on their big sales so we loaded up the trunk with all his new treasures. We went to Spokane where we enjoyed lunch and a couple hours at Manito Park. My estimate was half of Spokane was at Manito today. It was packed with people taking in the beautiful blooms of the amazing roses that were just loaded with flowers, the dazzling dahlias, and the other fall flowers and leaves that were dancing in their great splendor in the sunshine and breeze. I will post pictures of some flowers tomorrow from our walk through Manito, but for now, it's time to tuck myself into bed, after our busy day. We ended our day with a drive up through the historic homes, then a little drive in the country, a stop at one more store, and a hot mocha as the chill was already taking over the air. I enjoyed my date day. They are important times to reconnect and just enjoy each others company.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...