Friday, September 11, 2009

Have You Forgotten

Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?


I think most of our country has forgotten that feeling. I remember that morning like it was yesterday and all the feelings and emotions that flooded over me. Our country had been attacked. People rose up in patriotism, united as Americans, and were ready to fight for their country...briefly, that is, until the media told us it was wrong to feel that way and that we actually should feel sorry for the terrorists. The sad thing is, people went along with the media instead of fighting, and standing up, for their country. The same thing is happening today. The media is telling us how we should think, and many people are like robots and believe everything the media says, instead of thinking for themselves and standing for what is right. I pray that somewhere deep inside Americans, they get that fight back and they stand proud of their country and they stand up and stop letting our freedoms be taken away. I pray for people to be humbled and to fall on their knees and ask God for help for this country, before He completely turns His back on us.

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14






************************************************************
Ali Update from her mom:



Ali's friend is here she is sitting up acting totally normal again just like that. She has not stopped talking! Wow huge miracle!! Ali's friend 'unlocked' her.

First time Ali was in her right mind. I am so thankful. I am gonna try to sleep tonight I have not slept since Saturday.

Pray for the rest of my kids. They are stressed out and misbehaving badly!


This morning: Another miracle: Ali woke up normal today. She is doing math in her head, counting, knows all her abc's, she is still in baby talk mode and acting very young but it is all coming back fast. She is sitting up playing barbie. She has appetite again, and is doing great. She is functioning at about 90%! So happy

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I love your writing. Very poignant and touching about 9/11. I too feel the ambiguity, the forgetfulness. I think we should all really reflect on what happened that day. The people on Flight 93 eventually realized what was happening. I can imagine the terror and fear - but I can imagine even more the red rage that came upon them and filled them with the fortitude, determination, and strength to end it NOW. We go too placidly into the night. We need to feel that rage and take our country back and our children home.

Good news about Ali!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...