Monday, November 9, 2009

Thankful


As Thanksgiving draws close, I hope that everyone reading this actually remembers to be thankful. It's easy to get so busy that we forget to take time to give thanks. Starting today, I am going to post a few things each day I am thankful for throughout the rest of the month, along with my regular posts. I challenge you to do the same, whether it's on a blog, facebook, or writing them down on a piece of paper that you add to each day, just make sure to keep it visible so you remember to think of what you are thankful for throughout the day. If you are down, that is a good time to write out things you are thankful for in your life, because it will help you to see the good things.

Things I am thankful for:
The soldiers who serve, and fight for, our country
Jesus dying for me on the cross, to free me from my sins
The Bible
The ability to read and write
My husband, who loves me through the good times and the not so good times
The Oregon coast

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NLT

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...