Thursday, November 12, 2009

Worry and Fear

I am inwardly fashioned for faith, not for fear. Fear is not my native land; faith is. I am so made that worry and anxiety are sand in the machinery of life; faith is the oil. I live better by faith and confidence than by fear, doubt and anxiety. In anxiety and worry, my being is gasping for breath - these are not my native air. But in faith and confidence, I breathe freely - these are my native air. A John Hopkins University doctor says, "We do not know why it is that worriers die sooner than the non-worriers, but that is a fact." But I, who am simple of mind, think I know; We are inwardly constructed in nerve and tissue, brain cell and soul, for faith and not for fear. God made us that way. To live by worry is to live against reality. ~Eli E. Stanley Jones

Wow and ouch...that's much easier to say, and read, than it is to live for me. I am a type A personality, and worry seems to come whether I want it to or not. Of course the more I try not to worry, the more I worry about worrying! =) It is definitely something I need to work on. I know worry affects health because I know how it can affect mine, and I've seen it affect others. It seems I hand my worry, troubles, to God, then I take them back. I lay them at the foot of the cross, and run back and take grab them for myself to carry, to trudge along with a heavy load, when God is right there waiting to take them and to help me be free from worry. I need to leave them with God. I need to really work on that this month.


That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:25-34


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankful list:

The group of ladies at my Tuesday night Captivating study...a couple months ago we were strangers, now we are friends. We have developed an amazing bond and I am so thankful for each one of them being in my life. Each woman brings a special piece into my life, and I am definitely blessed.

Hugs

The ability to feel/touch

Authentic friends, of which I have two that are extra blessings from God...one I have met only once in person, but we communicate via email and blogs, but she's always honest with me, and prays for me, as I pray for her. We seem to think a lot a like, and she has helped me a lot in many areas of my life. One moved a little further away a couple months ago, but we talk a couple times a week, and stay in touch as best we can. God seems to share situations and thoughts in our lives, so we usually know what the other is struggling with or needs prayer for, just because over the past six years, that's the way our friendship has developed. We also share a lot of laughs together. I am grateful for both these ladies, as I am other friends who are there for me when I need them or when I just want to talk, or cry, or laugh.



No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...