Monday, November 2, 2009

Thought for the Day



Teach me, O God, to use all the circumstances of my life today that they may bring forth in me the fruits of holiness rather than the fruits of sin. Let me use disappointment as material for patience: Let me use success as material for thankfulness: Let me use suspence as material for perseverance: Let me use danger as material for courage: Let me use reproach as material for trouble: Let me use praise as material for humility: Let me use pleasures as material for self restraint: Let me use pains as material for endurance. ~John Baillie

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Hey you! I read this prayer a few days ago... Love his work.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...