Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Overview

We had a great Christmas, and enjoyed time spent with family. We all went to church on Christmas Eve and enjoyed a wonderful service, with a great message that centered around the song O Holy Night.

The weather was very crisp and cold, and sunny, but there was snow on the ground so we had a white Christmas.

My nephew got us a Kindle. I think the shock on my face is still there! Wow. He works at Amazon, and when he was here this summer, he had his Kindle with him. I was fascinated that a little device could hold so many books!! I love books, and love to read!! The funny thing is on Christmas Eve, the two of us were talking and I was telling him how a friend of mine had a Kindle and loved it. We went on and on, talking about how neither one of us have room for books, as our walls and shelves are already covered with books. He said that is why Kindle's are so great because all those books fit inside this tiny little computer. I had no idea we would be getting one!! I have been having fun searching for free books to load on it, and am doing quite well. There are many classics that are available for free, so I have downloaded many already. I definitely see a new addiction coming into my life! ha

My mom made me a beautiful quilt, which I will cherish always. It needs finished, but the top was done. My mom made four quilts since August for her daughters and granddaughters! Wow. I am going to try to get a picture of all four today to post on here tomorrow.

It was a great couple days spent at 'home' with family. Many wonderful gifts were exchanged, there was a lot of good conversation, and a lot of love shared. I am grateful for the time with family, and for the gift of Christ.


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...