Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Mom's Quilting Projects



A quilt is a treasure which follows its owner everywhere.

So, I am not happy with the pictures I took of the quilts, but will post them anyway. It is difficult to get a good picture of a large quilt without a very large surface, or someone tall holding up both ends! Maybe I can get better pictures later for you to see the quilts in a much nicer layout. For now, this will give you an idea of what my mom accomplished in four months time! The top two are my nieces, and my mom used an old pattern. I don't remember how far the pattern dates back, but know it is several decades. She used my nieces faces on the parasol ladies.




Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love.







Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!


This is my sister's quilt.









This is my quilt, old fashioned garden theme! Perfect!









While these are all beautiful, the most beautiful part of them is the love and time my mom put into each piece she cut and stitched together. Each stitch holds cherished treasures that will wrap us in love for years to come. Thanks mom!


Those who sleep under a quilt, sleep under a blanket of love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make me cry! The pattern dates back to the 1930's. Mom, your Grandma made that design for their first bedspread after they were married in 1941.

Lori said...

Then go and bring tears to my eyes! You are so lucky to be in the family you are in! I know I'm not supposed to be - but am a little jealous. Enjoy your quilts.

SimplyDarlene said...

Oh, what treasures for all the girls!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...