Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Word With

I am working on a post with pictures, but time constraints have been challenging. I hope to have it up by tomorrow. In the meantime, this devotion from Max Lucado came to my inbox and I thought it was fitting as we prepare for Christmas. I hope along with all else you are preparing for Christmas day, you spend some time preparing your heart, and spend time focusing on the reason we REALLY have Christmas.

“The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” John 1:14 NKJV

Don’t we love the word “with”? “Will you go with me?” we ask. “To the store, to the hospital, through my life?” God says he will. “I am with you always,” Jesus said before he ascended to heaven, “to the very end of the age” (Matt. 28:20 NIV). Search for restrictions on the promise; you’ll find none. You won’t find “I’ll be with you if you behave…when you believe. I’ll be with you on Sundays in worship…at mass.” No, none of that. There’s no withholding tax on God’s “with” promise. He is with us.

God is with us.

Prophets weren’t enough. Apostles wouldn’t do. Angels won’t suffice. God sent more than miracles and messages. He sent himself; he sent his Son. “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...