Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Recap

This will be a short post, as I have a spotty connection this morning. I am typing from my laptop, as our power has been off for some time now. It's at or below 0 outside, to top things off. My hubby was supposed to be in Spokane by 7 am this morning, but since the power was off, and we did not set alarms on our cell phones, his alarm clock did not go off at 6, but his internal alarm went off at 6:30, so it was a very rushed morning for him. I was out collecting wood from the wood pile, and thankful we have wood heat to stay warm, before it was even light out this morning. It's painfully cold out there today.

The show I did over the weekend went ok. I didn't sell much, I don't think too many did, but got to see a lot of old friends and catch up so that made it worth it. The night before the show, I got to spend some time with my sis and really enjoyed that time. We don't get much sister time now that I am an hour away, so those couple hours were precious moments of time for just the two of us. I also enjoyed a rice crust pizza at Second Avenue, which is always a tasty treat!!

Yesterday we braved the cold and ventured to Spokane to meet up with my hubby's brother and his wife. They live in central Washington, so we only see them a couple times a year. We met yesterday to exchange gifts and catch up a bit.

It was a very cold, busy weekend, but it was a good one, with time spent with people who matter and are important to me. I am thankful for precious moments of time with family and friends. Now, I need to go check that fire and make sure it's still going as the house is getting quite chilly!! Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

so glad all is going well with you. Hope you have plenty of wood to keep you warm.
I hope to get posting again starting later tonight. I had a few minutes and decided to catch up with friends

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...