Friday, December 4, 2009

Nieces, Lights, and Pictures



My nieces are here today. They spent the night last night with great anticipation of going to see the house that dances with lights to music in Post Falls. The anticipation quickly turned to sadness as two little girls were deeply disappointed that the house was dark. I would say one adult was disappointed as well. I love Christmas lights, and since discovering that house two years ago in Post Falls, we look forward to going over, tuning in the radio station, and enjoying the show. The next fifteen minutes were filled with why's from a five and six year old in the backseat. We ventured to the Resort, where I had only planned to look at the lights from the car since it was 21 degrees, but since the pleas from the backseat were to go walk out and see the lights, I agreed. The girls were met with warm hugs from Frosty and Rudolph who were handing out candy canes out on the dock. The three of us did not go far, as it got so cold none of us could move our faces!! The lights were beautiful, as always, and helped to ease the broken-heartedness of the dancing lights house. We did find one on the way home in Hayden that plays music and the lights go with the music, just a scaled down version of the big show in Post Falls. They enjoyed it, so that helped! We came home, curled up on the couch, looked at the lights around our neighborhood through the window, and enjoyed popcorn and tea that the uncle waiting at home made for all of us. Now, I am getting ready to head to Sandpoint where I will be at a show at the fairgrounds tomorrow with some of my pictures. I am a bit nervous, as my pictures are very personal to me, but when my parents brought it up, I figured I would give it a try. I have a lot to do before tonight's set up time, so better gather up the girls and head north!

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...