Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thanks, Day 6






Today I am thankful for knowledge, the ability to continually learn, to grow, and to improve my mind and thoughts.  I was recently challenged by a lady in her 80's to keep my mind sharp, to read, to continue to learn because when I am her age, I will appreciate that I kept my mind active.  She told me she continues to learn at her age, just a little slower than she used to, but she never wants to lose the ability to learn something new each day, and she challenges herself to do so.  She said so many people shut their minds off when they get older, and that's such a shame because God has given us the gift of wisdom.  We should keep learning, and teaching, our whole life.  She talked to me about how so many think once you hit a certain age, you don't have to learn or participate in life anymore, but she said that was not her, that she was doing what God put her here to do, to learn, to pass the wisdom of her years along, and to not quit living life to the fullest because of her age.  

What wonderful words of wisdom for each of us to live by.  I appreciate that she shared her heart, and her wisdom, with me.  It has definitely challenged and inspired me.  

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...