Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter in Review




Our weekend started with services at our church on Friday night. It was a very powerful and moving time, and an incredible way to start out the Easter weekend. Saturday night, we went to my parents and spent the night and went to early church my family and my husband's mom, then back to mom and dad's for dinner and an Easter egg hunt, which had to be done inside because it snowed, again! My nieces decided to have some fun with the eggs:



As you can see out the window, it was snowing quite heavy at the time of this picture, so we had to take a picture of the geranium my dad got my mom, just to remember that Spring is supposed to be here by now!
It was a blessed weekend, as I hope yours was and I hope you discovered something new about Jesus, or got to know Him on a deeper level this Easter weekend.

We sang this song over the weekend and it meant a lot to me.
Everyone needs compassion
Love that’s never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations

Saviour, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender
Shine Your light and let the whole world see
We’re singing For the glory of the risen King

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...