Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm Done

A couple weeks ago we went to a conference, and one of the classes we attended talked about how we need to stop conflict and help out communication on our ministry teams, in our marriages, and in our relationships in general and instead of getting upset and fighting, just tell the other person in a respectful manner "I'm done." If you have already talked about this with the person you are in a conversation with, (which, by the way, you should have done so they know what you are talking about) they will understand it's time to stop talking about that subject because you've had enough for the time being and need to move on to another subject. They were really emphasizing this statement for spouse's who work together, or who do ministry together because either can consume your life and you forget to just be a couple and talk about other things that are going on in life. So, if you use the phrase I'm done, it's actually supposed to be a good thing, which means you don't shout it or say it with an attitude, you just make a statement, signaling to the other person it's time to move on in the conversation.

Well, today, I would like to say I'M DONE! However, I am yelling it! I would like to move on. I would like a different topic! Winter, it is time to move on!! We had 4-5 inches of snow on Friday, it snowed on Sunday, yesterday was sunny but cold, and this morning it's sunny, but only 18 degrees!! There is snow in the forecast throughout the week, and it's really time to move on to Spring. When is winter ever going to leave? The flowers out front that popped up when we had a couple nice days, aren't looking too great this morning. The Killdeer that have been running around here making their nests, are looking stunned, or maybe they are just frozen. My friend went to California over the weekend. She sent me a picture with the temperature sign in the car that read 85. She came to youth group last night with a sunburn because she went swimming, and got to enjoy the sunshine while down there. She said she thawed for a couple days! I'm sure she's frozen again this morning.

So, winter I'm done! It's time to move on and let Spring come in! You had your season and now it's over, it's time to accept it, and wait again until it's your turn to return in December.

"In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours. "-- Mark Twain

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I enjoyed all your posts about winter. I feel like I got to really experience winter through you!

Anonymous said...

Funny story...as I was sitting on the plane waiting for them to deice it so we could take off I pulled out my book. I was starting to thaw from my battle with the blizzard I'd ventured through just to get to the airport and I had to giggle when I looked at the title of the book I was reading: "Winter is not Forever". LOL The lady sitting next to me, from Montana, thought it was rather appropriate for our day. :)

I've decided to stay in today so my body doesn't go into shock after my defrost trip. LOL :) But, I sure am glad to be HOME. :)

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...