Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring!!??

I was so excited yesterday. I was out in our front yard, and we only had one patch of snow, about two feet by two feet, and a about three inches deep. I went over and kicked it around some to help it to melt. We still had a pile of snow on the center of the flower bed from shoveling the roof, but there were flowers coming up everywhere I looked. It appeared that the flowers were popping up as soon as the snow was gone from around them. I was so excited for the first day of SPRING today! Thoughts of flowers, green grass, birds, butterflies, and warm sunshine filled my head. Unless I'm having a bad dream, those thoughts will have to continue to fill my head on this first day of Spring because everything is stark white this morning, well except the sky which is a very yucky gray. The entire landscape out my window looks like one of those bad pranks at college, when someone takes baby powder and a hair dryer, and blows it under your door, and when you open the door, everything is covered in white and gray. I wish it was just a bad prank, but if it is, the powdered sugar is still coming down. There are no signs of grass in my front yard, again. The crocuses that popped up yesterday, probably aren't very happy little flowers today. The birds that were singing, and the kill deer that were squawking, are all quiet. My conclusion on this first day of Spring is that global warming is a farce and that someday, maybe, Spring will arrive. It may be July, but Spring will arrive!!!

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...