Thursday, March 13, 2008

Saying Thank You

Blessings abound-look around you. The smiles of children, the beauty of a glorious sunset, the comfort of a warm bed at night. Small and great, there are plenty of reasons to say to God 'Thank you.' ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

I think this time of year, with rain and gray, and the dirty remnants of snow around us, we can forget to see the little blessings around us, so I am challenging you today to look for them, and to share them here for others to read. I am saying thank you this morning for the sun that is peaking through the clouds; the tulips popping through the ground; time spent with my mom and sister yesterday just goofing off; dinner with my friends last night; always knowing that I have a soul friend that is there for me when I need her; for my husband and the precious time we get together; for my lovable Golden Retriever, who is always happy to see me; for my family; for coming home to a house that I am able to live in; for running water, flush toilets and electricity; for my job and ministry, which overlap; for Jesus, my Savior! I could keep going, but want to read what you have to be thankful for so please share at least one thing!

What can you say thank you to God for today?

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds. Exult in his holy name; rejoice, you who worship the Lord. Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him. Remember the wonders he has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given.
1 Chronicles 16:8-12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I try to do this everyday but sometimes it's not a Thank you but why to God.
We have so much to be Thankful for. Their is beauty everywhere. Its amazing.

Have a great day!
Debbie

Kathy said...

I am thankful for so many things, but to name one, a husband who treats me like royalty.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...