Friday, March 28, 2008

An Open Letter

Dear Global Warming Officials,

I would like to invite you to come to the Pacific Northwest and explain global warming to us. You see, we seem to be stuck in a never-ending winter wonderland. The snow is never going to stop! You see, the snow piled up yesterday morning, and we have another 7-12 inches in the forecast to arrive in the valleys by Saturday morning. The temperatures the past week have ranged from 17 to a toasty 41 degrees. I am sure that sometime in the next day or two, I will look out my window and see a polar bear walk by, as we seem to have moved from North Idaho to the Arctic Circle. I also know that instead of Robins and Killdeer, I will be seeing Penguins nesting nearby.

I heard on the news today that even the Coastal areas of Oregon received several inches of snow, and my friend who is heading to California to see her daughter, was told by her daughter to bring snowshoes and winter clothes because it is snowing there as well. So, as you can see, those of us who live in the Pacific Northwest would love to see your evidences for global warming because we are seeing an opposite reaction in the weather.

I look forward to hearing from you!

With Cold Regards,
A Citizen Who Is Very Tired of Winter

1 comment:

Lanel said...

I was talking to someone last week and she is convinced it's not global warming but global swapping and we're actually taking on the weather of Antarctica. Maybe they are all just confused.

I refused to look out my window this morning for fear there would be MORE of that white stuff out there. The stuff from yesterday still hasn't completely melted.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...