Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This Life

I'm having a difficult time focusing this morning. My thoughts are sporadic, and my heart is anxious. Soon, I will make the drive north to go say goodbye to a friend. Her life ended much too soon, but she knew how to live life for every moment. If all of us who know and love Jenny take that away from this time, then the world will be a better place because we will all be more loving, more giving, and not waste our time with those we love but take time to really love them. We will smile through the pain, and we will stand strong for our beliefs. Even if you didn't know Jenny, I hope you decide to live a little more intentional, and not waste the precious moments on this earth that you have been given.

These lyrics from Switchfoot's This is Your Life hit me hard every time I hear them:

this is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, is it everything
you dreamed that it would be
when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

Is my life all that I want it to be? Is your life all that you want it to be? Don't wait to change it, do it now!! Life is short and we need to live our lives without regret every day because once today is over, we can never get that time back.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...