Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vacation

"It isn't how much time you spend somewhere that makes it memorable: it's how you spend the time." ~ David Brenner



We spent a few days on vacation last week. It was great to have a getaway!! We traveled to Whidbey Island in Washington. It's a great place to visit, especially if you don't mind not having a cell phone in all areas, which I personally thought was an added bonus to the trip! We rented a cottage and loved the peace and quiet and the hospitality of the Old Wagon Road Cottage. We have never rented a house like this before, but thoroughly enjoyed our time! For nearly the same price as a motel, it's nice to be able to make your own meals, and to not have other people running around where you are staying and making noises at all hours of the night! Well, we did take my parents with us so that they could get away for a few days as well, but other than them sharing the house with us, it was quiet. We felt at home there. We enjoyed a beautiful setting and a nice place to stay, where the only noises were from the birds singing all day and the frogs and crickets at night. The grounds had many trees and flowers, and some great rockers to enjoy while sitting on the front porch. The backyard was a beautiful garden that we enjoyed as well.



I love digital cameras! They allow you to take and take and then get home and find the good pictures, and save them while getting rid of the not so good ones. I took a lot of pictures, nearly 700! Don't worry, I won't turn this into a dreaded 'family or friends went on vacation and are now making me sit through a slide show of their pictures' place. I do have some I want to share, though! I will write more, and share just a few pictures from our trip in a day or two, but for now, I need to get some sleep as it was a long trip home since we went over the North Cascade Highway, through Omak, and back home. It took us thirteen hours, so brain fog has indeed set in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really wonderful, Connie! I often dream about living someplace greener and quieter and really think we will some day.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of Whidbey Island from your stay!

David.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...