Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Catching Up

I've done a lot of reflecting today. Things seem to be swept away in busyness while on vacation, away from computers, and phones, and life seems to be this little glass bubble for a bit as we enjoyed the beautiful sights and sounds of vacation. Today, however, reality has caught up with me as I have caught up with sad and shocking things going on, as well as praying for my friend's dad all day since getting a text message from her that she took him to the hospital. I guess the glass bubble can't last forever, but it was a nice retreat while it lasted. I have had a hard time believing we were only gone from home for five days with all that has taken place.

I have spent a lot of time in my yard today as well. The crickets are singing a beautiful chorus in my backyard and I have been enjoying them as I attempt to weed a bit in my garden. I am excited to say that we will have fresh lettuce and kale by the end of the week. The spinach, on the other hand, is pitiful! Not sure what happened to it, but it looks really, really bad. I will have to plant some more and start over. I am grateful to Mellissa who I believe did a better job on taking care of my flowers than I do because they are so beautiful! Mellissa is our neighbor down the road and is a high school volunteer with the middle school program we work with. She stopped by today and told me she really enjoyed taking care of my plants, and it shows!! I am very grateful for her kindness and care to my flowers.




One of us in this house seems to be relieved that vacation is over, and it's not my hubby or myself. It would be our dog! This is the face of a dog who is being my shadow, making sure I do not leave her again. Evidently, five days is a bit too much for to pretend she's a dog, receiving limited human contact and having to sleep in my dad's workshop!





This however is the face of a dog happy to be home!

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Great photos! Hey, at least you have some greens. We are going from cold & dreary to 98 this weekend--not great for produce proliferation.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...