Monday, June 2, 2008

The Armor

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:10-18


I know a lot of people going through a lot of really hard things in life right now. I am taking time to put on the armor today, because somedays I forget, and to intentionally pray, really pray. I know I go through my day saying prayers as I think of different things, and that's great, but I think with all that is going on in life, and in the world some very intentional time to pray is a must. I pray expecting miracles to happen. Sometimes what I think is a 'miracle' isn't what God thinks is a miracle so I pray for eyes to see God's plan in what He is doing. I know that I have to pray for God's will, even if I don't understand it at the time. Many times I can look back and see how God was glorified through a situation that seemed like the wrong answer at the time. God works. We have to trust Him, and ask to see things through Him.

My friends, by the power of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the love that comes from the Holy Spirit, I beg you to pray sincerely with me and for me. Romans 15:13

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...