Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Ramblings


It's been a week of reconnections. My cousin is back in the area after being away for ten years, so we spent some time together over the weekend and tried to catch up a bit. He even came down on Monday and helped us work on our paver patio. When I opened my email on Thursday, there was an email from an old classmate/neighbor. I think the last time I saw him was twenty years ago. We used to do a lot together, since we lived a few houses apart and were in the same grade. He is now an artist and lives in Denver. It has been great to reconnect with my cousin, and with an old friend.

Today is my niece's 5th birthday! I won't be able to be with her today, so will have to wait until tomorrow to celebrate with her. I can't believe she's already 5!! Where does the time go?






I am worried about my garden because we had very, very heavy rain and strong winds last night, along with lightning and thunder. The torrential rains lasted over an hour. I'm sure part of our newly seeded lawn washed away but I will have to inspect the damage later. Speaking of damage, there are bugs eating my beans as they pop through the ground, and they are also making my tomatoes turn yellow. My mom thinks she has figured out what bug it is, some type of beetle, so have to find something to kill them before they annihilate my garden. I've put too much work into it already to just let the bugs destroy it!

Happy birthday, Liz! Happy Friday to everyone else!

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...